Welcome to our wonderful, exciting and highly sought after two year old provision. This is our 7th hugely successful year of running our Caterpillar Nursery for 2 year old children. It’s no surprise that our 2 year old Nursery has gone from strength to strength especially with the experienced staff we have running the room. From the minute you step into the room you are immersed in a caring, friendly and safe environment, carefully and purposefully organised for our youngest learners.
Our Learning 2021-2022
Our Caterpillar Nursery is for children aged between 2 and 3 years old. Mrs Short is our very experienced room leader, she has led the wonderful, stimulating and bespoke provision for 7 years. Mrs Short works with Miss Pratt, who is also extremely adept in knowing exactly what the children need and how to support children’s learning and development further. Mrs Henry is our EYFS lead and is in charge of both Nursery rooms.
We have been extremely fortunate in Pelton to purchase brand new purpose built furniture for our 2 year old children in our very own new room with our own outside garden. Not only that but we also have daily access to a soft play room where we work on our gross motor movements, a large shared nursery garden and Schools’ own woodland area where we participate in forest schools. The environment has already proved to be such a huge success and we are so grateful for our new set up. We worked hard to create a very relaxing peaceful home from home environment yet ensuring huge learning potential was available. With staffing ratios at 1:4 our interactions with the children and quality time spent with the children are hugely beneficial.
The caterpillars enjoy a range of exciting and carefully planned weekly cookery activities, messy play, music and movement and forest school activities as well as daily soft play sessions, toddles, outdoor activities, art and craft, singing and rhyme time snack time sessions. We are experienced, dedicated and caring staff who are able to maximise the learning potential of our very young children; We work closely with the children’s interests and are quick to respond and equip the environment accordingly to ensure each child is catered for and learning is personalised. We support early speech and interactions with peers in a very positive and rewarding way. The fun and enjoyment had by all can be seen in our photographs – please take a look in our learning above.
Parents are offered the following nursery sessions;
- 5 morning sessions 8.30am until 11.30am
- 5 afternoon sessions 12 noon until 3pm
- 2.5 days (Monday, Tuesday 8.30 until 3pm and Wednesday morning 8.30 – 11.30am)
- 2.5 days (Wednesday afternoon 12 noon until 3pm and Thursday and Friday 8.30 until 3pm)
School lunches can be ordered or Packed lunches can be brought in for full day sessions. (We have leaflets for healthy lunch ideas if anyone would like one please don’t hesitate to ask).
Top 25 activities for our 2 year old children:
Here are our top twenty five experiences which children have during their time with us at Beamish EY’s:
- Mud walking and footprint making
- Go camping …make a den
- Wear a cape (super hero style)
- Fly a paper aeroplane
- Spread your bread with a tasty topper
- Feel sand beneath your toes
- Waterproofs on and dance in the rain
- Go for welly walks and run wild (with hot chocolate in the woods)
- Something special about boxes
- Something special about splashing and puddles
- Jump into a ball pool
- Echo echo echo … Who has the loudest yell (over in the forest)
- Fly a flag
- Climb a mountain (the slide)
- Blow a dandelion clock
- Sail a boat
- Thigh high in long grass
- Feel falling snow on your tongue
- run through crisp autumn leaves
- scoop up and throw autumn leaves in the air
- Smell a rose
- Hide and seek with the dinosaurs
- Spread paint on your hands and feet
- Hose pipe and paddling pool fun
- Dance to music